On Bridgnorth Road – a private house turned into a bar/restaurant in 1980s and still trading as such.
First licensed: 1980s
A restaurant with bar rather than a pub or drinking club.
In Prince Street. Included in Borough Council list of ‘buildings of local interest’. Still functions as a pub. first licensed in 1851.
One of many pubs to have its own football team in early 20th century. Had an air gun team in 1906. Once came second in a national competition for ‘best kept cellar’!
At one time owned by the City Brewery, Lichfield.
Bridgnorth Road next to The Three Furnaces. No longer exists, demolition date unknown.
First licensed in 1826, last licence application 1901.
At one time owned by the Wrekin Brewery of Wellington.
NEW INN Closed
Our photograph was taken in 1969 just days before the pub was demolished to make way for the new Woodside Perimeter Road (now known as Mound Way) which can be seen advancing toward the pub!
The location was at what is now the junction of Mound Way and Park Lane.